The Automated Medical Assistant is a completely online, internet-based billing system for therapy practices. It is also an example of a growing trend in computing to move software applications completely online, or onto “the cloud, ” — a collection of computers and servers accessed via the Internet rather than from a single desktop computer.
Cloud computing is generating a lot of buzz lately because many experts are predicting that most if not all software applications will eventually run online. Cloud computing lets you access applications and documents from anywhere you have an internet connection, freeing you from the confines of an office desktop and encouraging group collaboration across locations and time zones. Anyone who uses Google Docs, for example, is using a pioneering cloud computing product.
The Automated Medical Assistant is on the cutting edge of this major technology movement. Let’s take a look at some of the advantages of cloud computing:
- Lower PC costs – With cloud computing, your desktop computer can be a very basic model, with smaller hard disk, less memory, budget processor and in most cases no CD or DVD drive. Since the hardware burden is placed upon online computers running the applications, no software programs need to be loaded or maintained on your computer, and no documents need to be saved locally.
- Faster desktop performance – Fewer programs loaded on your desktop competing for memory mean better performance – faster booting, faster processing and an overall cleaner desktop running experience.
- Hardware freedom – Regardless of the device that you use to access your apps and docs on the cloud, from your home PC to work computer to iPhone or a device in a far off place, you won’t have to worry about configuring any of those devices or downloading anything special to get access and work immediately with your information.
- Data security – Losing your data because you neglected a critical backup on a local PC won’t happen when your data is on the cloud, and in most cases cloud data is stored, maintained and backed up in a manner much more compliant with data security laws than you could possibly do on your own (such as HIPAA in the healthcare industry).
- Anywhere document access – No worries about forgetting documents on your work PC when you are on the road or in another building. With cloud computing, you don’t have to take anything with you. As long as you have an internet connection, a computer or an iPhone or similar smartphone handset, you can always get access to your documents anytime, anywhere.
- Streamlined collaboration – Sharing documents means more easily collaborating on documents, and this is especially useful when you have large teams of people interacting with the same documents.
- Latest document version – When you edit a document in a cloud computing environment, you always have access to the latest version of that document.
- Instant and free automatic updates – When you log into a web-based cloud application, you get the latest software version available automatically, with no installations, troubleshooting or software conflicts with your other desktop applications or operating systems. You won’t need to pay for any downloads either.
Find out how you can jump onto the cloud computing wave now and free your therapy billing tasks from the confines of your office PC. Contact us today for a free demo.